Studio A is available for School of Music and School of Theatre faculty, staff, and students who wish to use the space for purposes of teaching or research.
Students and faculty may be recorded in Studio A if:
- They are a current faculty member or student in the School of Music or School of Theater.
- The recording pertains to their scholarly or professional work.
- Contact one of the engineers (listed below)
- Work with an engineer to arrange time for the session (up to 4 hours). The engineer will arrange to make the studio available at the agreed time. (Projects requiring more than 4 hours of studio time may be arranged by submitting a proposal, as described on the Recording Agreement form.)
- At the end of the session, complete the Recording Agreement form with the engineer, who will use it to submit the hours worked.
These sessions are primarily meant for tracking, with light editing and mixing as time permits. Extensive editing, mixing, or other postproduction are not provided by the School of Music, and would need to be done under a separate, private agreement between the artist and engineer. Students are encouraged to plan their sessions with the engineer in advance to clarify goals of each session.
For projects falling outside of these parameters, Music and Theatre personnel may contract an approved engineer to work on individual projects. Engineers are free to charge their professional rates and it is incumbent upon artists to secure an agreement with an engineer in writing prior to beginning a recording project. The School of Music and School of Theater are not responsible for setting rates for profession services and will not be liable for damages or claims resulting from work performed by professional contractor.
No fees may be charged by students who are completing course work.
Spring 2019 - List of Studio A engineers
Rashmit Arora firstname.lastname@example.org
Brendan Bernicker email@example.com
Emily Elinsky firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas Ginnona email@example.com
Scott Gros firstname.lastname@example.org
Sam Lapp email@example.com
Amir Mackey firstname.lastname@example.org
John Morris email@example.com
Randall Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
Marcus Kielman, email@example.com
John Morris, firstname.lastname@example.org
Piano Service in the Studio
The studio is equipped with a 7-foot Steinway B grand piano. The instrument is tuned monthly by the School of Music piano technician. To arrange extra tunings, contact Greg Herrold, It is the responsibility of the artist to confirm fees, schedule the tuning with a technician and pay for services the day of the recording if they need a special tuning for a recording session.
If requesting a separate tuning for recordings elsewhere in Music I or Music II, the same policy applies.