There will be no flute auditions on February 4, 2017 and February 18, 2017. Students may make other arrangements with instructor if unable to audition in January 2017.
Auditionees for the M.M. in Performance or the Professional Performance Certificate should prepare the following:
- Mozart Concerto in G major, KV 313, first movement exposition only.
- One solo work (flute alone) from the 21st century
- Two movements from a sonata/concerto from the 20th century
- Two movements from a Baroque Sonata
- Two orchestral excerpts of your choice
Demonstration of memory is strongly recommended. If the applicant wishes, a CD or video of recent performances (i.e. senior recital) may be submitted in advance of the audition for additional evaluation.
Flute applicants should arrange an audition directly with the instructor. If the instructor requests that the audition occur on one of our undergraduate audition days, please complete the online audition scheduling form. Applicants who wish to be considered for graduate assistantships should schedule auditions/interviews as early as possible.
Instructor: Naomi Seidman