The 12th annual President's Concert features performances by the Philharmonic Orchestra, Concert Choir, and Symphonic Wind Ensemble.
At 6 p.m., join alumni and friends for a pre-concert reception in the Kimmel Center's Lounge, hosted by Penn State President Eric Barron and the Penn State Alumni Association. Those attending the reception will be escorted to reserved seating for the President’s Concert. Registration information will be available soon!
Concert Choir; Christopher Kiver, conductor
- Exsultate ♦ Brian Edward Galante
- Versa est in luctum ♦ Tomás Luis de Victoria
- Komm Jesu, komm, BWV229 ♦ Johann Sebastian Bach
- The Little Stream Sings ♦ Andrew Maxfield
- Pal-So-Seong (8 Laughing Voices) ♦ Hyo-Won Woo
Symphonic Wind Ensemble; Dennis Glocke, conductor
- Huldigungsmarsh ♦ Richard Wagner
- The Leaves are Falling ♦ Warren Benson
- The Cowboys Overture ♦ John Williams, arranged by Jay Bocook
Philharmonic Orchestra; Gerardo Edelstein, conductor
- Overture from Der fliegende Holländer (The Flying Dutchman) ♦ Richard Wagner
- Capriccio espagnol, Op. 34 ♦ Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
The annual President's Concert series provides an opportunity for Penn State students to present concerts in the most renowned performance venues on the East Coast. In its history, Penn State ensembles have traveled to Heinz Hall (Pittsburgh), Kennedy Center (Washington D.C.), Carnegie Hall (NY), Kimmel Center (Philadelphia), the Strathmore Centre (Bethesda, MD), and the Forum Theatre in Harrisburg, PA.