The College of Arts and Architecture

Faculty Technology Guide - What to do and how to get help

school logo

Audio Systems
[NOTE: this does not include classrooms 100, 115, 117 MBI. Campus technology handles these - see the information posted in those rooms about how to get help with those systems.]

Other venues are not yet supported (in progress).

Audio/Visual carts

  • 3 permanent carts: 122MB2, 110MB1, and Esber Hall (backstage). 
  • 1 mobile cart: 19MB2 Lab D. There is a sign-out sheet - email Paul Barsom for card swipe access to the room. 

Please report problems to the Technology Committee. 

Broken Equipment 

  • General purpose classrooms/non-school equipment: contact information in rooms
  • Other classrooms/rehearsal/performance spaces: Mark Ballora

Computer Support

Duplication of audio and video

Electrical supplies

Esber Hall Manual

Esber Hall sound equipment

Performances/Events with music technology

General Purpose Classrooms - 100, 115, 117 Music I

Keyboard Synthesizers

Penn State Policies 

Personal Computers (and related devices)


  • The school is not responsible for recording any events.
  • Contact a local recording professional: Robert Klotz or other
  • Student recordists are available but the school does not supervise them (caveat emptor) 
  • Recording Studio: Paul Barsom

Software Help and Training

Technology Labs

  • 214 Music Building I: notation software, internet, word processing, etc.
  • Pattee library, Pollock labs: internet, general music software, duplication equipment, etc.
  • Studios A, B, C, D Music II: recording and audio composition. See Paul Barsom

Transferring analog audio (LPs, tape, etc.) to digital media

Video projector and camera lending

Video projector and camera training


Penn State Music Faculty Technology Guide v.2.0