Students who are interested in concert recording and audio production will have the opportunity to gain experience through recording concerts, classes in audio technology, and critical listening sessions. Up to 10 students will be selected to participate as part of the music technology/concert recording team, based on a portfolio of work examples uploaded to an accessible storage space (such as Dropbox or Google drive, or equivalent).
Click on "How to Apply", found on the left side of this page, for portfolio requirements and application information.
The daily schedule for Music Technology students will include the following:
- Classes in digital audio technology
- Critical listening sessions of acknowledged high-quality recordings
- Critical listening sessions of recordings made of HMI ensembles
- Common Hour (featuring a different musical topic or opportunity each day, TBA)
- Recording evening recitals
- Students will have the opportunity to take a 30 or 45 minute lesson with HMI faculty
CURTIS CRAIG, SOUND DESIGN, SCHOOL OF THEATRE