Registration Fee Required
The Musical Theatre Voice Pedagogy Workshop (Bel Canto Can Belto) is a two-and-a-half-day vocally intensive event designed to introduce professional voice users, singers, voice teachers, and vocal health professionals to the techniques specific to singing for musical theatre.
The workshop faculty features Penn State professor emeritus Mary Saunders Barton, joined by musical theatre voice faculty members Beverly A. Patton, Raymond Sage, and Gwendolyn Walker. Additional faculty members include Jared Trudeau, Boston Conservatory; CJ Greer, University of Nevada-Reno (beginning fall 2018); with guest artist Natalie Weiss.
- Teaching and Musical Theatre Techniques for Women and Men, (Belting, Mixing, etc.)
- Registration - the Flexible Passaggio in Musical Theatre
- Male and Female Musical Theatre Vocal Techniques (the Differences and Similarities)
- Alexander Technique for Voice Workshop and Master Class
- Vocal Styles in a Myriad of Musical Theatre Genres
- Vocal Health for Musical Theatre Singers
- Musical Theatre loves Classical - Comparative and Supportive Pedagogical Techniques
Participants will have an opportunity to discover how to make these sounds themselves in a supportive, friendly environment, and will leave with greatly enhanced pedagogical knowledge, confidence, and skill for performing and teaching in musical theatre styles. A thirty-minute private lesson with one of our faculty members is included in the tuition.
The cost of workshop registration for the general public is $525. The registration fee is $300 for Penn State alumni and $100 for Penn State students. Refund policy, information regarding hotel accommodations, schedule, and FAQs may be found under the registration link.
Click here for Details and Registration information!
Questions? Contact us at PSUMTVocalPed@gmail.com